Widnes Vikings can now provide details of the options available to 2020 Season Ticket holders following the cancellation of the Championship season.
Firstly, we would like to thank all of our supporters for their patience and understanding during this period – and also for the countless number of messages received through social media and via email.
We understand that some supporters have been impacted financially by the Coronavirus pandemic, which is why we need to offer a refund to those who are in this position.
While also taking this into account, as a club we had to provide options which would allow us to minimise the financial impact of refunding Season Tickets, which in turn could lead to long-term debt being incurred through loans.
Together with the incredible backing of our supporters, Widnes Vikings has become financially stable and are building a sustainable model with a bright future ahead, and we are doing all we can to protect that.
You can find full information on our options available to Season Ticket holders below:
OPTION A – I would like to donate my Season Ticket money to the club
Season Ticket holders who wish to donate their Season Ticket money to the club, who are in a position to afford this option, can do so.
Supporters who wish to take up this option will be required to contact the club to inform us of their decision but please do not contact the club yet. We’re currently working on finding the best solution for supporters to contact the club on this matter, with the help of our survey, and will relay this information to supporters once a decision has been made.
As a thank you for this incredible gesture, which will allow the club to lessen the financial consequences of the cancellation of the season on the club, we will reward those donating their Season Ticket money to the club with the following:
- Season Ticket Price Freeze for two-years, meaning in the event that prices rise you will retain the price paid for your 2020 Season Ticket. Please note, if prices fall you will also receive the new lower price if it is less than you paid in 2020.
- Your name will appear on the 2021 Third Shirt, which will be worn by the Vikings First Team in Cup Competitions during the 2021 season.
- You will also be entered into a Monthly Prize draw, with the following prizes up for grabs:
- Invite to a Captain’s Run Training Session – 20 ST holders per month will have the opportunity to win an exclusive invite to a Training Session
- Mascot Package – there will be a chance to win one Mascot Package per each 2021 Home Fixture
- Vikings Boardroom experience – three pairs of tickets will be up for grabs for a place in the Vikings Boardroom for a 2021 Home Fixture
- A pair of Summer Bash Tickets – each month until the Summer Bash we will be giving a pair of tickets away
- Signed Shirt – there will be a 2021 Signed Shirt up for grabs each month
- Season Launch Tickets – win a pair of tickets to our 2021 Season Launch event, which will be attended by First Team members and Head Coach Tim Sheens
- End of Season Dinner Tickets – win a pair of tickets to the 2021 End of Season Dinner, where you will enjoy an evening alongside the entire playing squad and coaching staff
Please note, that Season Ticket holders who donate their Season Ticket money to the club will also be able to continue to benefit from Vikings Rewards.
OPTION B – Pro-rata refund
Season Ticket holders will be given the opportunity to request a pro-rata refund on their 2020 Season Ticket.
Supporters requesting a refund will receive the value of 10 games, with the price-per-game calculated by the price paid for their Season Ticket.
All Season Ticket category prices, both Early Bird and Post-Early Bird, have been divided by 13 (the number of games included in your Season Ticket) in order to calculate the price per game. Then, the price per game is multiplied by 10 in order to work out the refund each Season Ticket category would be owed.
The reason that each Season Ticket holder requesting a refund will only receive 10/13 of the money paid is because three of the 13 fixtures were played before the cancellation of the season.
Please note, supporters will not be able to request a refund yet. Once this process is up and running we will inform supporters via our official website and social media channels.
As previously stated, these options have been provided to our supporters in an attempt to meet their individual needs, while offering a reward to thank supporters for their continued backing during this difficult period.
Our next step in this process is to allow supporters enough time to digest this information, before contacting all Season Ticket holders to learn which of the two options they would like to choose.
Once our survey has been circulated, we will inform Season Ticket holders via our official website and social media channels.
This will then allow the club to gain a better understanding of the financial impact of refunding Season Tickets, which in turn will inform our decision on whether there will be a need to incur debt in order to meet these obligations.
As always, we would like to thank our supporters for their patience and understanding throughout this lengthy process, and wish you all the best during these difficult times.