Following the launch of the club’s 2021 Season Ticket packages, we have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions in order to answer your queries as best as possible.
As we head into a season which has presented unique and challenging issues which we have never faced before, the club have done all they can to think of every scenario which may present itself and answer and issues below.
If we have missed anything, please email us at [email protected] with your query and we will update our FAQs to help best answer any questions you may have regarding our 2021 Season Ticket packages.
What payment options will I have available?
- 2021 Season Tickets will not be available on finance however, we have introduced a three-month payment option which allows supporters to spread the cost of their Season Ticket(s) across three equal payments. In order to access this payment option, you must contact the club directly and not purchase online to set up your 3-month payment of your Season Ticket.
- Your first payment will be taken over the phone by our retail staff, with the second and third payment being taken automatically exactly one month and two-months from payment one respectively. Payments will be split into three equal amounts.
- In the event that any payments are missed, your Season Ticket will be cancelled and you will not receive any of the benefits included in our packages.
- Supporters will be able to call us on 0151 495 2250 on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th March only between the hours of 10am and 4pm to take advantage of the three-month option.
When are Season Tickets available until?
- Season Tickets will be available to purchase until Wednesday 14th April, prior to our first home fixture of the 2021 Betfred Championship season. Supporters must purchase their ticket before this date in order to ensure they receive their unique code to watch Behind Closed Doors games for free on OurLeague, and ensure they reserve their seat for when spectators are allowed back into stadiums.
What happens if the season starts Behind Closed Doors and I have paid for a Season Ticket? Will I miss these games?
- In the event that the season starts Behind Closed Doors, the club have made the decision to invest in the Live Streaming of our home fixtures. As a benefit of your Season Ticket package, you will receive an exclusive code to view the match live on the OurLeague app, meaning that will not miss any of our home games in 2021.
How do I watch a game on the OurLeague app?
- In order to watch our Live Streamed home fixtures in 2021, you will need to download the OurLeague app on your mobile phone and create an account. When creating an account, don’t forget to add Widnes Vikings as the team you support – this helps the club out financially. When a game is ready to view it will appear in the LIVE STREAM section prior to kick-off, with Vikings Season Ticket holders given an exclusive code to access the game. Once you have entered your code, you will be able to view the game live, with the app available to download on Apple and Android devices, as well as the ability to cast to your TV using compatible casting devices.
- Codes will be sent out by the club via email prior to the start of the 2021 season, which will then act as your unique code for all home league Vikings fixtures.
- For more information on the devices compatible with the OurLeague app, CLICK HERE.
Will I be able to sit in my usual seat in the South Stand?
- Once supporters are allowed back into the DCBL Stadium, social distancing must be observed which means we are unable to offer any allocated seating within the South Stand. To reflect this, both North and South Stand Season Tickets are the same price.
- In 2021 the South Stand will be closed initially due to social distancing measures being in place to best ensure the health and safety of players, club and stadium staff and also supporters.
- Despite this, supporters will still be able to purchase South Stand Season Tickets and in the event that we’re able to re-open the stand, supporters will be able to relocate there.
- Until then, South Stand Season Ticket holders will be relocated to the North or West Stand and will be required to select an available seat online which you must sit in, in order to adhere to social distancing. Only supporters from the same household may sit together.
When will I be able to regain my South Stand seat?
- All existing South Stand Season Ticket holders who donated their refund back to the club in 2020 and have renewed in 2021 will have their seat reserved for the 2022 campaign. In the event that the South Stand reopens to supporters during the 2021 season it will be unallocated for this season only, before returning to normal in 2022.
What if I am a new South Stand Season Ticket holder? When can I pick my seat?
- If you are a new South Stand Season Ticket holder, once the Stand is re-opened in 2021 it will be unallocated for one season only, before returning to allocated seating in 2022.
- In the event that you renew for 2022 and that social distancing measures are no longer in place, you will be able to select an available seat.
Will there be Hospitality available for 2021 fixtures?
- Due to government guidelines we will not be offering any Hospitality for our 2021 home fixtures, with the Karalius and Bridge Suites both closed.
Will bars and concourses be open?
- Legends bar, located at Main Reception, will not be open for supporters on match days.
- Information regarding Concourse Bars will be released in due course nearer to the start of the 2021 season.
Will I have access to away fixtures via the OurLeague stream?
- 2021 Season Tickets do not include access to Live Streamed away fixtures, however all supporters will be able to purchase access to these games via a Pay Per View service. Prices will differ based on when you purchase access to the game, with prices increasing on the day of the game, meaning supporters will gain more value from purchasing in advance.
Will I be guaranteed a seat in the event of limited capacity fixtures?
- When supporters are allowed back into the DCBL Stadium, the capacity will be limited in line with any government guidelines in place at the time. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds the number of supporters allowed to attend a fixture, supporters will be asked to register for a ballot. Those who are unsuccessful in the ballot will gain access to a Live Stream of the fixture and will be guaranteed a place at the next fixture.
- In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders is lower than the number of supporters allowed to attend a fixture, all Season Ticket holders will be allowed to register for a ticket.
Can I just turn up to games with my Season Ticket once crowds are allowed back in?
- No. Prior to a home fixture which allows for supporters to attend, all Season Ticket holders must log onto our ticketing system and reserve a seat in either the NORTH STAND or WEST STAND. Unfortunately, the South Stand will initially be closed to supporters in order to maintain social distancing and ensure the safety of all players, staff and supporters.
- Once you have reserved a seat for the selected fixture, an e-ticket will be sent to your email address which can be used on your mobile device or printed at home and a physical copy used. At present members of the same household bubble will be able to book tickets next to each other, however all other supporters will be seated separately to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- E-tickets will be free, but you must have your Season Ticket info to hand in order to book your allocated seat. You must only sit in the seat you have been allocated, even in the North Stand which in prior seasons has been unallocated.
- Your Season Ticket CAN NOT be used to enter the Stadium, e-tickets will be needed for ALL supporters and entrance will not be allowed without one.
Will I be safe attending fixtures at the DCBL Stadium?
- Widnes Vikings have worked closely with Halton Borough Council, the Rugby Football League and Future Ticketing to ensure that every attempt has been made to prioritise the safety of our supporters when their attendance is allowed at our home fixtures.
- Social distancing measures will be in place, with our online seat reservation system ensuring that only those from the same household will be allowed to sit next to each other. All other supporters will be socially distanced, with one-way systems in place around the Stands to ensure you remain safe for the entirety of your time spent with us.
- Stewards will be on hand to assist and ensure that social distancing has been adhered to and that all of our supporters remain as safe as possible.
When will I receive my Season Ticket card?
- All 2021 Season Ticket holders will receive an email once their card is ready for collection, and are advised not to call into the Stadium Shop or Reception before they have received this email.
Will I still have access to Vikings Rewards as a Season Ticket holder?
- All 2021 Season Ticket holders will receive a new Season Ticket card, which will include access to the Vikings Rewards scheme. These Rewards may differ from those offered to 2020 Season Ticket holders and will be confirmed in due course.
Are there any Early Bird offers?
- This season we are not offering any Early Bird offers or discounts, our Season Ticket rates will remain the same up until the 2021 Season Ticket deadline.
Are Carer Season Tickets still available?
- We will still be offering Carer Season Tickets to those who require assistance when attending a home fixture at the DCBL Stadium. As with 2020, the Season Ticket holder who requires a Carer will pay the usual full price and will receive a second Season Ticket in their name free of charge – this second Season Ticket is to be used by their designated Carer on the day. Carer Season Tickets do not include the benefits of Live Streaming or Vikings Rewards.
- If you had a Carer Ticket last season, please purchase your Season Ticket online as normal and then email [email protected] confirming that you would like a complimentary carer ticket for 2021. New Carer Ticket applications must apply in full.
- To be eligible for a Carer Season Ticket, you must receive the HIGHER RATE of the mobility component on your Disability Living Allowance (DLA) OR Personal Independence Payment (PIP). A copy of your most recent DLA or PIP must be provided in order to prove your eligibility.
What is the refund policy for 2021 Season Tickets?
- All refunds are at the discretion of the management of Widnes Rugby League Club Limited.
Can I buy matchday walk-up tickets, and what will be the price?
- Supporters will be able to buy general sale and matchday in the event that our available capacity is more than the number of Season Ticket holders. When this applies, all purchases of tickets by non-Season Ticket holders will have to be made online, with allocated seating in place.
- When buying a general sale ticket, you must visit our ticketing platform and purchase your ticket in the available sections, with no supporters allowed to sit together unless they are from the same household. You will be provided with an e-ticket, which can be used on your mobile device or printed at home and used as a physical copy.
- Prices for general sale tickets in 2021 are £22 for Adults, £17 for Concessions and £10 for all Juniors, meaning that our Season Ticket packages offer the best value for money.
Do Children aged five and under need to get a Season Ticket?
- In previous seasons, children who are aged five and under who are not yet in primary school would be given free entrance without a ticket required. This season, in order to adhere to government guidelines, all children who fall in this category must have a Season Ticket which parents can apply for online, free of charge, when purchasing their own tickets.
- In order to be eligible for a FREE ticket, children must have been born 1/9/2015 onwards, with those born before this date needing to purchase a Junior Season Ticket.
- Free tickets are only available with the purchase of an Adult Season Ticket.