Widnes Vikings are seeking a new Head Physiotherapist ahead of the 2024 Betfred Championship season, working with the club’s first team squad on matchdays and through the week.
The successful candidate, in conjunction with the club doctor, will lead our medical service for the men’s first team squad.
To lead the planning and implementation of physiotherapy services for an ambitious Championship club.
This role includes evening and weekend working.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the journey of an injured athlete. From initial diagnosis to the return to competition.
• Be responsible, in conjunction with the Club Doctor and Head of Operations for organising scans and consultations as necessary.
•To provide diagnostic and prognostic evaluations of player injuries, communicating this information in a clear and transparent manner to the relevant staff and working closely with the Head Coach
• Lead the medical team through various stages of rehabilitation. This will include the organisation of individual player programmes as well as group sessions
• Utilisng the club’s partnerships and external resources, developing evidence-based rehabilitation protocols and processes that can be implemented across the Men’s squad
• To ensure the smooth delivery of physiotherapy provision to all players when needed
• Assist in the pitch-side provision for all men’s matches and training sessions
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes.
• Manage the Rehabilitation provision, ensuring cover is adequate at all times
• Promote Widnes Vikings Rugby League Club, driving its reputation and standards at all times.
• Set a positive example as a senior employee.
• Consistently contribute positively to the team environment and culture.
• Be a strong consistent example of all the club’s values and vision.
Chartered Physiotherapist with current CSP and HPC registration and a degree or graduate diploma in physiotherapy.
IMMOFP qualification (or working towards)
• Previous experience of working within a rugby league environment or similar
• Excellent communicator with excellent player management skills
• Evidence-based knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
According to Experience
How to apply
Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 20 October 2023
Interviews w/c 23 October 2023