Widnes Vikings are seeking to appoint a Head Coach for its part-time first team squad, currently competing in the Betfred Championship.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a historic club with an exciting future. With fantastic facilities, a strong playing squad, and one of the best supporter bases in Rugby League, this role offers genuine potential for an ambitious, skilled and dedicated coach.
The Head Coach will join the existing multi-disciplinary first team staff, made up of an Assistant Coach, Analyst, Strength and Conditioning Coach, and medical staff.
Our ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, personal integrity, and a strategic mindset. They will be deeply motivated by the exciting opportunity to work alongside staff and playing personnel at Widnes Vikings to help shape the future of the club.
The right candidate must be driven, passionate and possess the ability to work with others to strategically lead and manage the first team environment.
Experience of coaching Rugby League in a professional environment is essential, as is achievement of the Level 3 UKCC coaching qualification.
We are willing to accept applications from both the UK and overseas. The club will consider both part time and full-time applicants, with the salary commensurate with the experience of the right candidate.
To apply for the position please send an up-to-date CV and also a covering letter detailing how your experience, personal skills and attributes will enable you to perform the role successfully. Please submit both your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 26th October.
- Responsible and accountable for the planning, delivery and evaluation of all training and game day activity for Widnes Vikings first team.
- Plan for the collective and individual development of Widnes Vikings first team and players.
- Plan for the effective delivery of all practical coaching sessions, deploying staff and resources effectively.
- Plan for the effective delivery of all analysis sessions, including team and individual sessions, deploying resources and staff effectively.
- Work constructively with the multi-disciplinary staff to create a positive and high-performance first team culture.
- Work effectively with the multi-disciplinary staff team to coordinate resources to achieve the aims and objectives of the first team squad.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an objective player performance assessment framework.
- Ensure all player performance and development is monitored, assessed and recorded accurately and effectively in a systematic manner.
- Contribute detailed information of player performance and availability to inform recruitment and retention decisions.
- Experience of coaching in a professional environment.
- UKCC L3 Rugby League coaching qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of planning with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to determined time scales.
- ICT competent.
- Sports coaching or related degree.
- Experience and understanding of change management.
- Budget management skills.
- Experience and ability to utilise performance analysis software.
- Experience of recruitment and retention.
- Experience of working with the media.
- Ability to present complex information to a range of diverse audiences and stakeholders.
Values and behaviours:
- Acts with integrity and leads a positive, high-performance culture.
- Passion for learning and attention to detail.
- Motivated to nurture and enable the potential of colleagues and players.
- Consistently models behaviours that uphold the values of Widnes Vikings and the high-performance, positive culture expected.
- Ambitious for themselves, their club and their colleagues.
- Recognises the privilege of being part of the future of Widnes Vikings, and shares our pride in the club.